Friday, September 15, 2006

Pursue who or the whats?
What kind of food suits your palate or rather, what type of food is good for you?

hm.. The following words of thoughts are inspired by today's ncc devotional.


There are the days when one feels like just munching on God's word first thing in morning. Yum. Those are the times when you think you must have woke up on the right side of bed. (Speaking of which, i don't notice which side of my bed i actually get up from.) I would be like walking with a skip in my steps and my first words would be like, "i'm blessed!", " this is the day the Lord has made!" and even " lalalashabihchdcnjd (tongues)". However, there are also the days when one feel like just waking up to newspapers and gg thru the habitual motion of absorbing the lastest happenings in the world and sunny island. Although the latter has nourished me in terms of my general knowledge but I've realised it causes me to feel malnourished as compared to God's word. It doesn't have a lasting 'oomph' factor. So i've decided that i need a heart revelation of seeking His word first.
Abba, i need your help on this. yea!



"Have You Read The Good News Today?

Matthew 6:33 - seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. " -N C C daily devotional (15/09/06).

Abba knows i need general knowledge, food, clothes, "net breaking" Alvl results, money ,etc..... i need a miracle in my studies.
He knows i want a sony T10 digi cam, the moment of my ma, her friend, relatives esp couzzinx, and my friends receiving of Salvation .....

To assure me that all these things are taken care of, He gave me these words of truth from psalm 23:1 (NLT)..."The LORD is my shepherd, I have everything I need."Amen!!!!!!

Come to think of it, my heavenly pa, creator of the heavens and the earth sent Jesus, my saviour to die for me even before i acknowledged him a saviour. He died my death, died for my failures, redeem me from my failures, restores me for lost time and so on. Furthermore, He says that He loves me with an everlasting love..An agape love which is the highest form of love. He loves me more than i love him. Isn't Jesus good?

Romans 8 (NLT)says
35Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death?
36(Even the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep."
)
37No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.


38And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away.
39Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.


So Jesus' love makes me more than a conqueror.
Like what pastor lawrence said, : "Know why my hand is in my pocket? I've got a "V" sign in my pocket! victory!" haha...

and how about the bouts of worries and fears flying over my head? Fear of not having enough, fear of failure, fear of man (low-valuation by self in front of others), worries about not being able to perform well again fot the A's, or even just fear of what tomorrow may bring..... It is written...

John 4:18(Amplified)
18There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].

Because i'm in Jesus, there is no fear or worry i should even entertain for they, in the first place, hold no weight. I can rest and smile just because i know who holds my tomorrow. :)
" Because of him, i can face tomorrow.." lalala.....

hahha.. Economics...the law of opportunity cost and scarcity doesn't dictate in God's Kingdom. Prolly just a choice has to be made, the choice to look to God.


Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: