Thursday, October 11, 2007

romanced by Jesus


I was reading this and felt like.. 'Whoa'.. I'm being captivated by Jesus yet once again.

This excerpt was taken from the awesome, higly recommended book called, 'Captivating', by John and Stasi Eldredge.....



And here it is that we begin to experience him not as the God-way-up-there, not the God-of-Sunday-mornings, but as the pursuer of our hearts. As Lover.



"In that day," declares the Lord.

"you will call me 'my husband';

you will no longer call me 'my master...'



I will betroth you to me forever;

I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,

in love and compassion" (Hos. 2:16,19)



In the spacious love of God, our souls can lie down and rest.



This love from him is not something we need to struggle for, earn, or fear to lose. It is bestowed. He has bestowed it upon us. He has chosen us and nothing can separate us from his love. Not even we, ourselves. We are made for such a love. Our hearts yearn to be loved intimately, personally, and yes, romantically. We are created to be the object of desire and affection of One who is totally and completely in love with us.



And we are.



An intimate relationship with Jesus is not only for other women, for women who seem to have their acts together, who appear godly and whose nails are nicely shaped. It is for each and every one of us. God wants intimacy with you.....

.

.

.


No comments: