Monday, July 02, 2007

The One Thing Daily Devotional
You Are Complete In Christ

Colossians 2:10

10and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

When you look at yourself, what do you see? Do you see someone who is imperfect and lacking in many areas, or someone who is whole and complete in Christ?
There are believers who see themselves as incomplete. This is because they are conscious of their lack and imperfections. They say, “There are so many things imperfect about me! How can I be complete if there are so many things I am lacking in?” They see their weaknesses, condemn themselves and feel inferior to others.

The good news is that God does not see the way man sees. Man sees the flesh. God sees the spirit. He sees us already complete in Christ. In spite of our imperfections, He sees us as new creations, partakers of His divine nature and more than conquerors over our imperfections. And He wants us to see ourselves the way He sees us.
Know that what we think we need or are lacking in, whether it is godly character traits or physical health, we already have in Christ.

I used to think that I had to ask God to make me more patient, until I realised one day that Jesus is my patience. Since then, I no longer ask God to make me wiser either, because Jesus is my wisdom. (1 Corinthians 1:30) I am not waiting to receive more healing because Jesus is my complete healing at this moment. And I am not yearning for peace and rest one day because Jesus is my peace and rest today. Right now, I have everything. There is no lack or defect because I stand complete in Christ.

My friend, you are not going to be complete in Christ — you are already complete in Christ! And what remains for you is to walk daily in that completeness by believing that it is true and confessing that what you need right now, Jesus is to you. He is your complete forgiveness, complete righteousness, complete favour and complete protection.

So don’t focus on the lack you see in your life. Focus, instead, on how, in Christ, you are complete in everything at this moment! And instead of weaknesses, lack and imperfections, you will see His strength, wholeness, soundness and completeness showing up through you!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
This 'New creation' daily devotional hits the bull's eye for people who might sub-consciously feel lousy about themselves. But in fact, feelings are controlled by the thoughts running through or rather being mediatated in your head. Emotions are meant to serve God's people and not rule us. Feeling lousy is nothing more than being self-absorbed and not Christ-conscious. We are eagles who soar high above every single thing. All glory to Jesus. I was thinking about the statement which Pastor mentioned during service. He said, "Feed on Jesus' suffering and death for you on a daily basis." I was pondering on this. Then, I recalled that reading the Word and listening to His Word are ways I can remind myself that"I am complete in Christ". Old mindsets about asking God to make me, for example, wiser has to be renewed. Instead, it should be "I have Jesus, my wisdom!" Praise Jesus. :D

Regarding the Word that was preached today... I thought that it was so apt for me that Pastor mentioned about not shying away from the throne of grace(undeserved, unmerited, unearned favour). There's nothing too small to go to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace in times of need. I wasn't used to running to Him whenever I needed a solution to minor issues, like 'what should I eat today?". Now my thoughts are that if Jesus died for us and sealed this new convenant with his blood, why not run to Him for help. It has all been paid for isn't it? If you've been given a $1000 voucher that can be used at any shop and for the purchase for any products, would you rather use the voucher to shop than to use your own money to spend? I would definitely choose the former!

No comments: